CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Return to Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux

Magic most definitely resides in the Maine summerhouse where the mysterious Madame Zoya has granted the innermost wishes of its visitors. Now, three women have come to this special place with one thing in common: a painful past they would each like to rewrite. Amy, who hides a heartbreaking loss behind her seemingly perfect marriage and family...Faith, a widow in her thirties whose deepest grief is for a man from years ago...and Zoƫ, an artist shunned by her hometown for reasons she doesn't know, after a traumatic night erased her memory. With their mystical powers, Madame Zoya and her sister Primrose are about to transport the trio to eighteenth-century England to alter Amy's ancestry. But although surprises await each of them, will stepping back in time bring the women the happy endings they seek?

I truly loved this book!!!! I so enjoyed The Summerhouse by this author and I was excited but a little tentative to see how she could evoke the same emotions from another book revolving around the same plot. Well, she did!!!!!!!! The magical aspect of this book was fabulous, I loved how the ladies are able to go back and literally change the outcome of their lives. I felt the characters were real as were the issues they were facing when coming into the Summerhouse. The blend of reality with the magical aspect always captivates me. Loved this book, it was a wonderful, happy and magical read!!! :) 5/5

6 comments:

pinkcypress said...

I found the first one (Summerhouse) at Salvation Army the other day! I'm hopefully going to get to it soon :)

Missy said...

Melanie, I have been wanting to read this because I loved "The Summerhouse", but I was worried it would not be as good. So now that I have read your review I am going to go out and buy it!
Hope you have a great week!
Missy (riverside dreamer)at PBS

Melsy626 said...

Rhonda, yes definitely read it, don't put it aside, it's such a great book!!! :)

Missy, I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!! :) You'll have to let me know!! :)

Minding Spot said...

I read both of these and I have to agree with you Mel ! They are both magical and fantastic !! Loved them both, glad you feel the same :)

Julie said...

Thanks for the review, I want to find both of those books now!! I really enjoy your blog:)

Jewel said...

I just read it and was so wrapped up into its world that I even read parts to my husband who too became intrigued. I must say though, I was a little disappointed at the end. I would have liked a more specific clue as to what happened to her unborn child. I kept flipping back for clues. I must admit; I enjoyed putting several different spins on it though. I'd definitely recommend it giving it 4/5.