CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Island of Lost Girls by Jennifer Mcmahon


While parked at a gas station, Rhonda sees something so incongruously surreal that at first she hardly recognizes it as a crime in progress. She watches, unmoving, as someone dressed in a rabbit costume kidnaps a young girl. Devastated over having done nothing, Rhonda joins the investigation. But the closer she comes to identifying the abductor, the nearer she gets to the troubling truth about another missing child: her best friend, Lizzy, who vanished years before.

From the author of the acclaimed Promise Not to Tell comes a chilling and mesmerizing tale of shattered innocence, guilt, and ultimate redemption.


I really enjoyed this book. The suspense was weaved in a way that made me want to continue reading and not put the book down. Who is the rabbit and what does it have to do with the mystery of Lizzie's dissapearance years before. I do believe I was as shocked as Rhonda to learn who was behind the rabbit costume. I liked how alternate chapters jumped between the present and the past and the stories were weaved together, a truly great book!!!! 4.5/5

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to add this to my TBR list after reading your review and realized its already on there! One more reason to get started on this book, sounds so good!

Julie said...

I have this on my amazon wish list, thanks for your review, now I will defintely get it! Sounds like a good one:) Thanks!