CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Tempting Evil by Allison Brennan


BIG DIE COUNTRY

Joanna Sutton can cope with the fierce winter storm bearing down on the small rural community of Centennial Valley, Montana; the popular romance writer has survived much worse in life. Haunted by the loss of her husband and child, Jo has found refuge at her family’s secluded lodge, but her haven soon becomes a hell. During the ferocious blizzard, a local Boy Scout troop is stranded in the wilderness, compelling Jo to spearhead a desperate rescue mission, aided by a newly arrived stranger with an unknown agenda.

Meanwhile, Sheriff Tyler McBride hears that three escaped convicts are fast approaching Big Sky Country. Hoping to warn Jo, he faxes over the men’s mug shots. But they never reach their intended recipient. Then Tyler makes a shocking discovery: Two people are dead, and a killer is among the group, along with the woman Tyler loves, searching for his lost son.

More than one innocent life is at stake. For the sake of those Jo cares about most, and for her own survival, she’ll need all the cunning, courage, and passion she can muster to survive the mounting terror.

Although it took me a good 100 pages to get engrossed in this book, (not the book, totally me in a book funk) once I let myself go I was totally involved in this book and didn't want to put it down. I read 200 + pages yesterday alone because I just had to finish it and see what happened!!! Although this is my first series by Brennan I am absolutely LOVING it!!!! She knows how to weave a story and present a cast of likable and dislikable characters. I love the hero's/heroine's that you are truly rooting for and the villain's who you just love to hate!!!! She creates those with no questions asked!!!! A great storyteller and a fabulous addition to the Prison Break Series. Only one problem with this............the next one doesn't come out until the end of September!!!!!!!!!! 4.5/5

1 comments:

Amy said...

I haven't had a chance to start this one yet, but I loved her first two trilogies. ;)