CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 18, 2009

The Trouble With Magic by Madelyn Alt


A Bewitching mystery--first in the new paranormal chick-lit mystery series.

Antiques-shop clerk Maggie O'Neill was a little weirded out when she discovered her new boss Felicity was a witch. But when Felicity becomes the suspect in a local murder, Maggie must enlist Felicity's wiccan friends for help--and discover her own spellbinding talent. (From B&N)

This first in a series did not thrill me. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either, it was just ok, for me. I had a busy and emotional week while I was reading it, so part of it might have to do with that, but I won't be in a hurry to pick up the next book in the series. I just didn't feel invested in the characters or the plot line. I stopped several times mid-chapter, which is something I don't normally do. Again, it was interesting enough to me that I want to pick up the 2nd book at some point because I am curious about where the series will go, but it isn't on the top of my tbr!!! I will definitely give book #2 a try before making any final decisions on the series as a whole!!! 3/5

0 comments: