CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Crank by Ellen Hopkins


Kristina Georgia Snow is the perfect daughter: gifted high school junior, quiet, never any trouble. But on a trip to visit her absentee father, she meets a boy who introduces her to crank. At first she finds it freeing, but soon Kristina’s personality disappears inside the drug. What began as a wild, ecstatic ride turns into a struggle through hell for her mind, her soul, and her life. (From B&N)

This book takes the reader on a journey, and not always a pleasant one. The depth reached by Ms. Hopkins in this book is amazing and truly makes the reader take a step back and realize what this horrible drug can truly to do a person. Of course I know of crank, but have never been touched by anyone who has used it in my life (so far, and I hope never) but this book makes me feel as if I did know Kristina/Bree. I felt for this girl and her family throughout the book and marvel at how well written this book truly is. Truly captivating. 5/5

1 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I really want to read this one. I've only read a short story by Ellen Hopkins, so I've been meaning to read something else by her.

-Lauren