CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Battered Body by J.B. Stanley


There's trouble on the rise when the "Diva of Dough" arrives in Quincy's Gap to make the wedding cake for Milla and Jackson's Christmas Eve nuptials. The famous chef and television personality is Milla's sister, but while her confections are sweet and beautiful, the Diva herself makes enemies faster than you can say "praline pecan bundt cake." When the Diva is done in, her body found covered in cake batter, James and the other supper club members find themselves up to their elbows in suspects.

A cozy "village" mystery, The Battered Body is the fifth book in the warm and wonderful Supper Club Mystery series.

I absolutely LOVE this series and just cannot get enough!!! The town and characters are so warm and inviting, reading this series is like re-visiting old friends. There was a bit of a schocker thrown into this one, which I loved. Wonderful things are in store for the Flab Five and I hope to hear of another book in this series sometime very soon!!!! I certainly haven't gotten my fill of the Supper Club Mysteries yet!!!! 5/5

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love your review, the book sounds great! I adore cozy mysteries, so thanks:)

Minding Spot said...

An award for you Melanie :0

http://mindingspot.blogspot.com/2009/06/angel-award.html

jbstanley said...

Aw shucks! What a lovely post about The Battered Body. Thank you so much - I'm blushing!

I'm also working on book 6 - The Vulgar Vegetarian. Drop by my website in 2010 when I've posted the release date and I promise to send you a free copy (signed of course). Have a lovely night. :)

JB