CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Poison Ivy by Misty Simon


At 24, Ivy Morris has never lived outside her father’s home and in fact sleeps in the same room her mom decorated over a decade ago. Until she gets a letter with the words "your inheritance" offering her a home and a costume shop of her own 3000 miles away.

But when she arrives to assume her new life she is bombarded by a slew of people looking for the perfect dominatrix or disturbingly tight wrestler costume for the upcoming Harvest Ball. Between overpowering biddies and stolen lingerie from the worst-kept secret side business, things get even more complicated when a woman is murdered at the ball-a woman wearing the same costume as Ivy.

With the help of her new friends and a cute guy trying to rev up his journalism career with this mystery, and revving up her heart in the process, she must solve the murder before someone succeeds in their quest to POISON IVY. (From B&N)

I absolutely LOVED this book, which is the first in a series by Misty Simon. I term it a romantic comedy with a side of mystery and I thought it was fantastic. A super fast read that had me laughing out loud with the antics of Ivy, Bella and Ben, along with a slew of other secondary characters. In Ivy I found a character who was real and could be my best friend, she is far from perfect, but someone you just want to know more about. The push/pull relationship brewing between her and Ben was a trip to read about and definitely left me wanting more!!! Such a quick and easy read, I didn't want to put it down because I wanted to see what could possibly happen to Ivy next!! Loved this book, and highly recommend it to those who want a chuckle!!!! 5/5


0 comments: