CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Moonstone by Marilee Brothers

A sickly mom. A tiny house trailer. High school bullies and snarky drama queens. Bad-guy dudes with charming smiles. Allie has problems. And then there's that whole thing about fulfilling a magical prophecy and saving the world from evil. Geez. Welcome to the sad, funny, sometimes-scary world of fifteen-year-old Allie Emerson, who's struggling to keep her and her mom's act together in the small-town world of Peacock Flats, Washington. An electrical zap from a TV antenna sets off Allie's weird psychic powers. The next thing she knows she's being visited by a hippy-dippy guardian angel, and then her mysterious neighbor, the town "witch," gives her an incredible moonstone pendant that has powers only a good-hearted "Star Seeker" is meant to command. "Who, me?" is Allie's first reaction. But as sinister events begin to unfold, Allie realizes she's got a destiny to live up to. If she can just survive everyday life, in the meantime.

Wow, this was a terrific book starting a new series!!!! I am amazed that this is Brothers YA debut novel, it was sooooooo good!!!!! Link some paranormal with teenage angst and along comes Moonstone. It's a book that left me itching to pick it back up every time I had to put it down and I stayed up past my *bedtime* last night despite being exhausted because I needed to know what would happen next. I truly enjoyed this book, and cannot wait to find out what happens next in Allie's story!!!! 5/5

1 comments:

Lana said...

This sounds really cool, it's definitely going on my TBR pile! Thanks for the review.